Antrim Coast Half Marathon is On!
The re-scheduled Antrim Coast Half Marathon will go ahead as planned on Saturday 12 September beginning at 10am with an impressive elite field starting followed by the main race.
The elite race will see the cream of British and Irish distance running descend on the Antrim Coast Road with what promises to be one of, if not the best, Half Marathon races in Europe this year.
The main event will be started in waves of 30 starting by time zones.
Top athletes such as five times Olympian Jo Pavey, 50km World Champion and World Record holder Aly Dixon and Nick McCormick will battle it out with Irish international Stephen Scullion and Tommy Hughes, one of Ireland’s all-time distance running legends for glory.
The new course route which has been fully verified by AIMS, is touted to be one of the fastest anywhere in Europe, with one of the most iconic finishes to any road race, in sweeping off the Antrim Coast Road and finishing at the Chaine Memorial Tower.
Due to the hygiene criteria put in place by the committee that is in line with both Run Britain and Athletics Northern Ireland’s event guidance, the race entry has now been closed and will take place with a number of protocols:
• The entry has been capped at 50% of the planned capacity.
• The course has been changed to allow for wider roads and social distancing.
• The main event will be started in waves of 30 starting by time zones.
• Each participant will adhere to strict hygiene regulations including non -contact temperature checks before being allowed to enter the warm- up area.
• There will be no spectator zones on the course and anyone wishing to watch the race would be actively encouraged to follow the live stream via one of the races social channels or website.
• There will be no shower facilities, bag drops or vendors, with the entire event being held outdoors.
• The full hygiene guidance can be found on the website and will be sent to all participants well in advance of the event on the September 12.
For more information visit http://antrimcoasthalfmarathon.com.
MORE ON PAGE 39