the owners of 25 bicycles made good use of a crime prevention event held at Larne police station in a bid to try to cut down on cycle theft.
Neighbourhood police officers security marked and photographed 25 bikes. They also recorded the owners’ details in case the bikes are ever stolen.
As well as having their bicycles security marked, police are encouraging owners to help protect their property by following this advice:
• Do not leave bicycles in isolated places
• Always lock a bicycle when leaving it, even if it’s only for a few minutes
• Secure bikes to proper cycle stands or robust furniture
• Lock bicycles through the frame
• Remove smaller parts and accessories that can’t be secured
• When not in use, lock your bike in a garage or shed, so it is not visible.
n If you would like information on crime prevention for your property, telephone you local crime prevention officer on 0845 600 8000 or log onto www.psni.police.uk