“Have a go at making your own bang on trend, after dinner chocolates with this fab recipe and really impress your guests,” says Arlene Thompson of Sainsbury’s Try Team, who cooked this for all the WI ladies at their annual christmas event in Tullyglass Hotel last Saturday.
“It is really easy to make with a combination of dark, milk and white chocolate, dried fruits, toasted nuts and a sprinkle of sea salt to finish. I use Sainsburys Taste the Difference ready-to-eat mixed berries which are a mix of fruit juice-infused cranberries, blueberries, sour cherries, blackcurrants raisins and sultanas.
“Once made all you need to do is break it up into rustic pieces and serve on a wooden platter with an Irish coffee!”
Chocolate slab with fruit, nuts and sea salt
n 600g by Sainsbury’s dark chocolate
n 100g by Sainsbury’s milk chocolate
n 50g by Sainsbury’s white chocolate
n 50g hazelnuts, toasted
n 50g pistachio nuts, shelled
n 50g Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference ready to eat mixed berries
n half teaspoon Cornish sea salt.
1. Line a 33cm x 23 cm baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Place the dark,milk and white chocolate into 3 heatproof bowls and place over a pan of simmering water and allow to melt. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Pour the dark chocolate into the tray and smooth out with a spatula. Drizzle over the milk chocolate and swirl into the dark chocolate.
4. Decorate with the nuts and berries.
5. Sprinkle over the Cornish sea salt.
6. Make a paper cone with baking parchment and half fill with the melted white chocolate. Pipe over the fruit and leave to set.
7. Break the slab into large chunks and serve on a wooden board or festive platter.
TIP: This recipe makes a lovely gift if presented in Sainsbury’s gift bags or kilner-style jars, tied with a Christmas ribbon.