Try these ultra tender little cakes with slightly crisp edges and a white chocolate lemon-y gooey centre.
They are surprisingly easy to make and are simply heavenly to eat!
Little lemon and white chocolate cakes
200g white chocolate
125g unsalted butter
180g icing sugar, sifted
3 large eggs
3 large egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons lemon juice
zest of 2 lemons
65g plain flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 200 C and butter the cavities of a 12-hole muffin tin.
2. In a large microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate and butter together. It should only take 60 seconds in the microwave.
3. Once melted, whisk in sugar, eggs, yolks, vanilla, lemon, and lemon zest until the ingredients are fully combined.
4. Using a spatula, gently stir in flour and salt. Don’t overmix.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes.
8. Run a sharp knife around the sides of the cakes.
9. Place a baking sheet on top of the muffin pan and turn over.
The cakes should pop out. They should be crisp and golden on the outside with a soft gooey centre.
Cooks tip: Top with some raspberries or forest fruits, a dollop of crème fraiche and a dusting of icing sugar and serve immediately.