These are meltingly delicious chocolate brownies, and are made with no flour, making them ideal for anyone on a gluten-free diet. They are delicious eaten as a traybake with a cuppa, but utterly divine when warmed and served with ice-cream and a black cherry compote or raspberry coulis.
225g good quality dark chocolate
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
3 eggs beaten
200g dark chocolate chips
200g caster sugar
150g ground almonds
1. Preheat oven to 170C and line a 24cm square tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Place the chocolate and butter in a large saucepan and stir until melted over a low heat. Set aside to cool a little.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, mixing well to combine, and pour into the lined tin.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
5. Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
6. Serve dusted with icing sugar.