Arlene and some young people cooked up this tasty lunch time snack, at Carrickfergus Cookery School (YMCA premises), to learn some cooking skills and encourage independent living as part of the local Step Up programme.
2 plain tortilla wraps
30g cheddar cheese, grated
1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
red or yellow pepper, finely chopped
spring onions, finely chopped
tomatoes, finely chopped
fresh coriander finely chopped
1. Spread the sweet chilli sauce evenly all over one tortilla wrap, being careful to keep away from the edges.
2. Spinkle all over with the grated cheddar cheese.
3. Now sprinkle the chilli sauce and cheese with your favourite toppings. (Be careful not to overfill as they are meant to be thin and crispy.)
4. Place the second tortilla wrap on top and press down to help the tortillas to stick together.
5. Carefully place the tortilla on a large non stick pan and heat gently until crispy and golden brown. Use a spatula to carefully turn the tortilla over and cook on the other side until it is crispy and golden and the cheese has melted.
Remove from the pan onto a clean chopping board.
6. Cut into wedges like a pizza and serve hot.
7. Delicious served with your favourite dip (eg:sour cream, crème fraiche, salsa or guacamole) or more sweet chilli sauce.
COOKS TIPS: Try using a combination of mozzarella and cheddar cheese for a tasty twist. Use up leftover chicken or ham to add as an extra topping. Add some finely chopped fresh chilli if you like it hot!