Try this thai chicken curry-great for using up roast chicken, making it quick and easy to make and a great way to love your leftovers. To make the perfect fluffy rice every time visit the “How to” section at YouTube.com/Sainsburys.
Quick Thai chicken curry using roast chicken
300g basics long grain white rice
1 tbsp sunflower oil by Sainsbury’s
2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
1 red onion, sliced
3 tbsp Thai red curry paste by Sainsbury’s
1 tsp Sainsbury’s Fairtrade white granulated sugar
400ml tin reduced-fat coconut milk
200g frozen very fine whole green beans by Sainsbury’s, defrosted
300g leftover roast chicken, shredded
Lime cheeks, to serve
½ x 31g pack fresh coriander by Sainsbury’s, washed, to serve
1. Cook rice to pack instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large wok or frying pan, add peppers and onion and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in curry paste and sugar and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Pour in coconut milk, bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes until liquid is reduced by a third.
4. Add green beans and chicken and cook gently for 5 minutes, until the chicken is piping hot.
5. Divide rice and curry among 4 plates. Serve with lime and sprig of coriander.
Tip: If you don’t have coconut milk in your cupboards, use yogurt and desiccated
coconut instead. Yogurt can also help to cool down the curry if you don’t like it as