Ballymena MOT centre evacuated due to fire

Breaking news
Breaking news

Ballymena MOT centre was evacuated today due to a small fire.

The incident was caused by a blown overhead light in the test hall, and resulted in some tests being delayed for a short time.

A spokesperson commented: “To ensure the safety of the public and staff, the centre was evacuated and fire service called.

“The fire service extinguished the smouldering light fitting and service was resumed, with all delayed tests completed before lunchtime.‎”