The new opening date for The Gobbins cliff path has been approved by Mid and East Antrim Borough Council for Wednesday, August 19.
Earlier this month, the authority delayed opening the facility for the fourth time this year after it emerged that an emergency planning and evacuation procedure was not in place.
Chief executive Anne Donaghy told councillors that, “subject to snagging”, the council would take over the project from the contractor on July 9.
She added that the new opening date would enable councillors promoting the attraction at the Milwaukee Irish Fest in August to participate in the opening.
The US trip has been criticised as “smacking of gravy train culture” by East Antrim MLA Oliver McMullan, who branded it “a ridiculous waste of taxpayers’ money”.
However, Mrs Donaghy told the council that she had met with the members who are going to Milwaukee to agree a timetable, and that “each and everyone of those members will be working”.
She said she would be meeting with the members again to agree PR material and their “pitch” in Milwaukee to potential Gobbins visitors.
Mrs Donaghy added that there would be an evaluation of the success of the visit.