Whether you are throwing a party or wanting a trendy idea for a starter, this week’s recipe from Arlene Thompson of Sainsbury’s Try Team will be sure to please your guests over the holidays.
“These little blinis make a colourful bite, made with prawns and a fiery beetroot sauce,” says Arlene.
Prawn blinis with beetroot and horseradish
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 5 Minutes
• 2 ready-cooked beetroot (150g) in natural juices, drained
• 2 teaspoons creamed horseradish sauce
• 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
• 1 x 135g pack cocktail blinis
• 16 cooked prawns
• Dill sprigs to garnish
• Lemon zest to garnish
1. Preheat the grill. Whiz the beetroot in a processor or blender with the horseradish sauce and crème fraîche until smooth. Season well, then chill. Briefly toast the blinis under the grill on both sides and leave to cool.
2. Top each blini with a little of the beetroot mixture. Add a prawn, a sprig of dill and a little lemon zest and freshly ground pepper to each one.