This week’s recipe from Arlene Thompson of Sainsbury’s Try Team perfectly combines the rich flavour of salmon with mushrooms, pasta and broccoli.
“It can be on the table in 25 minutes and will keep the family filled and happy. It is also low in fat and has loads of veg in it, so you cant go wrong,” says Arlene.
Salmon pasta with mushroom and broccoli
Prep time:10 minutes
Cooking time:15 minutes
• 2 onions, peeled & sliced
• 2 x 105g tins pink salmon
• 200g mushrooms, sliced
• 1 x 500g pack basics pasta shapes
• 500g frozen broccoli florets
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 clove garlic, peeled & finely chopped
1. Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onions for 5-10 minutes until soft, adding the garlic for the last minute. Stir in the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes, until golden brown. Drain the salmon and stir in. Heat through for 1 minute.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta following pack instructions.
3. Cook the broccoli in a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes, then drain. When cooled a little, roughly slice.
4. Drain the pasta and stir through the salmon sauce and broccoli. Serve immediately.
Make it veggie: Try swapping the salmon for diced peppers.