Try these really easy and tasty lamb kebabs flavoured with a summery lemon and mint marinade and served in a pitta bread with salad and a tzatziki dip-Delicious!
Barbecued lamb kebabs
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 11⁄2 tablespoons mint sauce
• 1⁄2 lemon, juice only
• 2 lamb leg steaks (approx. 330g), cut into bite-size pieces
• 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into bite-size pieces
• 1 yellow pepper, de seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
• 1 courgette, trimmed and sliced
• 4 white or wholemeal pitta breads
• 100g bag Italian-style salad, to serve
• 230g tzatziki, to serve
Preheat barbecue or grill to high. In large bowl, mix olive oil, mint sauce and lemon juice. Add lamb, peppers and courgette and mix to coat in sauce. Once coated, thread lamb and vegetables onto 8 wooden skewers (remember to wash hands thoroughly after handling raw meat). Cook on barbecue or under grill for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with leftover mint mixture until lamb is cooked and vegetables are tender and beginning to char. Warm pitta breads on barbecue or under grill. Open to make a large pocket. Put some salad leaves in each pocket, add grilled lamb and vegetables (removed from the skewers) and serve with tzatziki.
Cook’s tip: To stop the wooden skewers from catching on the barbecue/grill, soak them in water for 30
minutes before use.