All the family will love these beef and potato cakes made with leftover roast beef.
Beef and potato cakes
300g white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
400g swede, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
200g carrots, cut into 1cm cubes
2½ tbsp sunflower oil by Sainsbury’s
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard by Sainsbury’s
½ x 25g pack fresh chives by Sainsbury’s, snipped, leaving a few whole to garnish
2 tbsp plain flour by Sainsbury’s
300g leftover roast beef, shredded
80g fine breadcrumbs
1. In a large pan, boil potatoes, swede and carrots for 12 minutes until tender Drain and mash.
2. Heat ½ tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes until soft.
3. In a bowl, mix cooked onion and garlic mixture into mash mixture with mustard and half snipped chives. Add flour and leftover beef and season with black pepper. Shape into 8 patties. Put breadcrumbs on a plate and carefully coat patties all over.
4. Preheat oven to 160°C, fan 140°C, gas 3. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in pan over medium heat and cook 4 patties at a time. Cook for 3 minutes on one side, turn over and cook for further 3 minutes on other side. Cook remainder. Serve on bed of cabbage.
the other side. Use the remaining oil to cook the rest of the patties.
5. Transfer the cooked patties to a lined baking tray and put in the oven to keep
Serve 2 patties per person on a bed of cabbage, with a poached egg on top, garnished
with the whole chives.