Larne man has lucky escape

editorial image
0
Have your say

A man from the town had a lucky escape after a “foolish prank” in October 1995.

The man from Exchange Road escaped from a fire in his home after someone put a lit sparkler through his letter box.

His house filled with smoke after the front door had caught fire.

The man was in his home at the time of the incident and managed to raise the alarm.

He called the Fire Brigade, but was able to extinguish the blaze before firefighters arrived.

A police spokesman said: “the foolish prank could have resulted in very serious consequences.

“The incident is being investigated. It re-enforces our recent warning about the dangers of misusing fireworks,” he said.