Impress the family with this summery tart made with a moist almond and pistachio nut filling, topped with fresh peaches for a perfect fruity dessert!
Peach and pistachio tart
Serves: 8 Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
500g shortcrust pastry block
150g unsalted butter
100g caster sugar
1 teaspoon almond essence
3 medium free range eggs, beaten
150g ground almonds
2 tablespoons plain flour
100g shelled pistachios
2 peaches, stoned and sliced
8 small scoops (about 480g) Cornish vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4.
2. Roll out pastry and use to line a 23cm tart tin. Chill in fridge for 10 minutes.
3. Place tin on a baking sheet, line pastry case with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans (or uncooked rice). Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then remove the beans or rice and cook for a further 5 minutes, until just golden.
4. Meanwhile, whisk butter, sugar and almond essence, then slowly add beaten eggs. Fold in almonds, flour and most of the pistachios (reserving some for garnish), and spoon into tart case.
5. Arrange peach slices in concentric circles on top of almond mixture then bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden. Slice and serve with ice cream. Sprinkle rest of pistachios over top.