Spring is in the air and Carnfunnock Country Park is the perfect place to spend a family-friendly day out this Easter. With energizing spring walks, beautiful woodland, lively activities and plenty of special events, there is something to keep all the family entertained this Easter.
• Saturday, April 7 from 11.00am-1.00pm there will be an Easter art workshop for kids aged five to 11 to get creative by painting their Easter egg, making Easter cards, bunny ears and much more. Appropriate clothing will be needed and booking is essential. Price: £5 per child.
• Sunday, April 8 at 2.30pm and 4.00pm there is a wonderful seasonal event with a special visit by real rabbits from the T.A.C.T. Wildlife Centre. Come along and spend time with these special Easter bunnies, and hear stories of how they ended up living at T.A.C.T. This event is unsuitable for under fives and booking is advisable. Price £2.50 per adult and £2.00 per child / concession.
• April 9 and 10 (Easter Monday and Tuesday) under eight’s will be egg-chanted with passport sessions in our Mystic Maze running between 10.30am and 12.30pm or 2.00pm and 4.00pm. Buy your passport then enter our unique Northern Ireland shaped maze, to find the special characters that will stamp your passport. All children must be accompanied by an adult. Price: £2 per child.
• Also on April 9 and 10 (Easter Monday and Tuesday) families with older children, can join in the fun with the annual Easter Treasure Hunt from 11.00am onwards. Pick up your quiz sheet from the visitor centre and solve the clues as you make your way around the Park. All participants will receive an eggcellent prize. All children must be accompanied by an adult and each quiz sheet will cost £2.
• From Monday, April 9 to Thursday 12 the Easter Junior Golf Camp will also be running at the Carnfunnock Driving Range and Academy for those aged six to 16 who want to learn to play golf or sharpen their long game, short game or putting. Price £20.00 per session with rookie club members receiving a 10 per cent discount. Contact Carnfunnock Driving Range on 028 2827 4637.
Don’t forget all our other attractions and activities will be up and running so come along and enjoy the Family Fun Zone with its miniature railway and mini golf or get yourself a special tattoo or face painting for Easter with Facetastic or just enjoy a leisurely lunch at Caffe Spice on the Visitor Centre veranda.
Please note: Visitors are advised to leave plenty of time to get to Carnfunnock, especially as the Coast Road can be very busy over the Easter holidays. For further information or to book for these events please contact Carnfunnock Country Park on (028) 2827 0541. Further information on our events can be found at www.larne.gov.uk/events